Frequently Asked Questions for Pet Parents
What can KwikVet handle?
- KwikVet sends a veterinarian to your home to attend to a sick pet, or work on preventive health and wellness issues.
- If your pet is experiencing a life threatening emergency, do not use KwikVet. Please rush to an emergency clinic.
How does KwikVet select its veterinarians?
- KwikVet only works with licensed veterinary professionals. We verify credentials and history to ensure the best care for your pet.
- Each KwikVet is rated after every service call. We investigate all negative ratings in order to improve services.
When and where can I request a KwikVet house call?
- Care is available within KwikVet service areas 24 hours a day, every day of the week, including holidays.
- There is no surcharge for night or holiday service. We know you have a busy schedule, so we are there when it fits you best.
- We are at your service, not the other way around! We adapt to your hours and go to where you ask us to go.
What information is required to request a visit?
- To request a home visit you will need to provide us with the following information:
- Your Name
- Cell Phone Number
- Valid Credit Card Information or PayPal account
Do KwikVets make referrals?
- Just like in a clinic, after our KwikVet diagnoses your pet, additional tests or treatments may be recommended by the veterinary professional.
- While at your home, our KwikVet will explain treatment options and show you the cost upfront via the Kwikvet app. The decision is always yours on whether to accept the additional tests and supplies, including medicines.
- KwikVet has engineered dozens of tests and supply kits precisely to address the vast majority of conditions affecting dogs and cats, so we only provide you what you need, at a wholesale cost so you can save.
- Referrals for follow-up specialized tests and treatments are at the discretion of the veterinary professional examining your pet.
- KwikVet does not manages insurance reimbursements, but we do provide you with records and receipts that you could use to get reimbursed by your pet insurance plan.
- There is $75 base price for all house calls.
- If additional services are needed, you will be informed of the cost upfront and asked whether you would like to receive them.
- Upon completion of your visit, you will receive an email invoice with charges made to your credit card or PayPal account.
KwikVet and Pet Insurance Plans
- KwikVet is a private referral service for qualified veterinarians and does not accept insurance. However our services are priced lower than a regular visit to a veterinary clinic and are provided in the comfort of your home.
- You will always be notified of the total cost upfront. Your KwikVet will notify you of any additional services and costs and the decision is always yours as to whether to proceed.
- At the end of the visit, we will email you a receipt that you can use with your own pet insurance if you have coverage.
- If you cancel after requesting a visit you will normally be charged a cancellation fee. However, since we want everyone to be satisfied, if for any reason you or the veterinary provider initially assigned to you prefer to cancel, we'll promptly arrange for a replacement veterinarian without charging you a cancellation fee. Please email us with any question: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy and Security
- Our support staff is available every day from 8am - 8pm. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
- Please do not e-mail confidential information, such as complete credit card numbers or passwords. We'll call you if needed.